Howliday Inn & Suites at Sangamon Avenue Veterinary Clinic
Where your pets go…On vacation
Are you planning a vacation?
Need to go out of town on business?
If you need to travel and can’t take your pet along, why not plan to have your best friend stay with us? Traveling can cause enough stress and anxiety – you don’t want to worry about whether your pet is being well cared for.
We offer a convenient solution by providing boarding in our safe, clean, and comfortable environment.
Our professional and friendly staff takes great care of our pet guests. We understand that each pet is unique, and we will make every effort to ensure that your pet is safe, happy, and healthy during his or her stay with us. We’ll treat your pet with compassion and care, and we’ll provide individualized tender loving care until you return!
Do you have special requests?
We understand that your pet has a special place in your family and that leaving your pet with someone while you travel can be a source of anxiety and uncertainty. We take great pride in our attention to cleanliness and in providing the highest quality care to each pet that stays with us.
We welcome your questions about our boarding facilities and policies and are eager to discuss how we can make your pet’s stay as happy as possible, while alleviating any stress you may be feeling about leaving your pet while you travel. Let us answer all your questions and put your concerns to rest! Call today to learn about our accommodations and boarding policies, or to schedule your pet’s stay.
Luxury Suite Boarding
$32 Themed Suite Per Night – First Pet
$25 Themed Suite Per Night – Suite Mate
Pampered Kennel Boarding
$17 Under 50 lbs
$22 Over 50 lbs
$26 Extra Large Kennel
$10 Play Time – 15 Minute Session
$6 Treadmill – 10 Minute Session
$13 Pay Time & Treadmill – 20 Minute Session
$15 Sunday Pick up / Drop Off
A few things to note before you arrive:
- Pets must be current on vaccinations administered by a licensed veterinarian. Dogs will be current on rabies, distemper and bordetella (kennel cough). We will accept vaccine titers no more than 30 days prior to boarding. We highly recommend that dogs also have a canine influenza vaccine, but it is not mandatory. Cats must be current on rabies and distemper.
- We feed Science Diet dog and cat foods. We can feed our food for no additional charge, or you can bring your own. We will feed 1-3 times daily.
- We give Milk Bones at least twice daily. You may bring your own treats as well. Please do not bring treats that require supervision or treats that your pets are not accustomed to having.
- We do NOT allow bedding from home. We will allow a light-weight baby blanket or t-shirt that will have familiar smells. Please do not bring beds, blankets, pillows, etc.
- We DO allow toys, but please do not bring rawhide, rope, or toys that may be a choking hazard. Pets are not monitored at all times. Do not leave toys that your pets are not accustomed to having. Pets will be allowed to have free access to their toys in the rooms and/or kennels.
- Dogs are leash walked three times daily.
- Your pet will not come into direct contact with any other pets during their stay. We do allow housemates to enjoy walks, play, and to stay in the luxury suites together. Pets must get along well and if a fight occurs we will separate them immediately.
- Our Pet Care Associates will administer your pets medications while they are in our care. All medications must be in the original containers. We use pill pockets and pill wrap to administer the medications. If you have another food type item to assist in our giving the medications, you may bring it along. Fee $3.50 Each administration.
- Boarding rates vary by facility and the pets weight. If you pick up before 1 pm you will not be charged for the day. We do offer a Sunday evening pick up option for an additional fee.
- We do offer extra playtime. This is a 15 minute session of play, cuddle time, or an additional walk. Extra playtimes are offered 1-3 times daily for an extra fee.
- Unless other arrangements have been made, pets will only be returned to their owners. Please do not have an alternate person pick up without letting us know ahead of time.
- We welcome you to call and check on your pet during our normal business hours. You will speak directly to a pet care associate for an update on how your pet is doing during the boarding stay.